Michelle Townsend is back with another easy-as-pie recipe.
For those college students who live at home, coming home after a long and tedious day of lectures to a nice, warm dinner is a comfort and a sure-fire way to brighten up anyone’s day. However, for students who have moved out for college, cooking can be somewhat of a chore - the last thing you want to do after a hard day of attending lectures is come home and prepare a meal for yourself.
But it doesn't have to be this way! I'm here to save the day and provide you with easy and satisfying recipes you can whip up in no time. Fear not, these simple recipes are incredibly easy to prepare and taste delicious. It will take you no time to cook these dinners in the evening and they will definitely leave you feeling full and satisfied.
Beef and Vegetable Stir-Fry
This quick and easy stir-fry takes next to no time to prepare, making it ideal to make for yourself after a long day. If you find it becomes a little too repetitive, replace the beef with chicken and noodles with rice to change things up.
● Diced beef strips
● Ready-made noodles
● Stir-fry vegetable pack (these come in the one pack available in most supermarkets)
● Sesame seeds
● Soy sauce
1. Lightly coat the beef strips with flour. Dip into honey and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
2. In a wok, fry the beef strips for 3-5 minutes, or until they start to brown.
3. Add the veg, continue to fry. Drizzle soy sauce over.
4. Add the noodles to the wok, and fry for a further 2-3 minutes. If desired, add more soy sauce.
5. Remove the stir-fry from the wok and it’s ready to serve.
Et voilà! A super quick and easy to go to bed feeling full and happy. Check back here over the week for more recipes like this!
Still here? Read next: Student Cooking 101: Chicken & Bacon Pasta Bake